Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Selling my favorite china


This is a photo of our table setting last night. 

This china is the most beautiful pattern the Franciscan company ever created.  It's called Wild Flower and I basically covet it (I know, that word, a sin- I know). 

This pattern was only produced for a few years in the early 1940's and quickly stopped because it was so time consuming (read: expensive) to make.  It's quite rare. A teapot easily goes for over $1K and if Martha Stewart ever found out about and showed it off in one of her magazines it it would be worth more a lot more than that.

We have NEVER once eaten off it,  so last night we did, I took photos and then placed the whole lot into an online ebay auction.

I'm happy to report that there is a bidding war currently going on for it. The price has already greatly exceeded my expectations. Thank God!  I need as much money as I can get right now for our tutors and or a new school. 

Selling whatever I have to insure my child gets the education she needs is a no-brainer for me.  I dont currently work outside of the home but I have amassed a nice collection of china and glassware that I can sell. My mother has offered to sell all her antique jewelry so that we can go to the school for dyslexic children ($20K per year official tuition cost). 

We are certainly not poor (I grew up with very little so I know what that looks like) but we are not wealthy either.  ($20K per year would be almost prohibitive).  We live off one income.  We are comfortable but getting into this world of needing extra help for our child is expensive.  Still, today makes me feel like I can be resourceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment