Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Am I being foolish?

Am I being foolish to think that just because we have now moved our child to the very expensive school that specializes in dyslexia (and other learning differences) that we are going to be taken care of where our IEP is concerned? 

I'm not sure.  There seems to be this reluctance on the part of even these school officials involved to:

1. Keep me as a parent informed in a steady manner.  Really, why should I have to keep asking what is going on?

2. Do any work on this at all.  (I'm perhaps being mean but this is the way people are coming across -like,

" (Big Sigh) Oh, okay lady I'll look to see if maybe your kid does deserve an IEP after all."

3. A refusal to believe what a $1,500.00 doctor's diagnosis says. 

I can tell when I see other kids and I see my kid that there is a difference.  This is a no brainer.  Why are people so untrustworthy and unwilling to work on our behalf. 

Here is where I'm at with it.  If I get one more sign that people are not doing what they should for my daughter I'm hiring the child advocate ($400 retainer, $80.00 per hour).  One more sign.  I'm looking out.

On the good side the other day while we were driving home from school my kid started reading the street signs.  So that is pretty good - at least she is reading after a month of her new school where by the way she is MUCH happier.  I love that.  Now if only I could believe that they are doing what they should as far as her IEP is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment