Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2012

Mock IEP meeting

Last Monday I attended a Mock IEP meeting put on by the Child Advocate's office and the attorney's she works with.  The attorneys had to drive from another city to stage the mock IEP.

By no means did it cover everything that could go wrong during the IEP process but it was a start.  There was also some pretty valuable information about getting FREE help given out.  Remember that these laws are often state specific and you will need to research about what is available in your area.

There were many parents who had already been through a great deal.  I was sort of sad that there wasnt a real chance for the parent's to get to know each other.  I think we could have been helpful to each other.  But it was a start and I expect to see at least some of these faces again.

Also I know where I'm going next which is a good thing.

I will post more detail about what I learned at the Mock IEP soon but for now I'm changing this blog to reflect what state I'm in with the hopes that this can help someone.

If this blog helps even one family get better care for their child with dyslexia then it has been worthwhile to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment