Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hatchets and those who wield them

So again I'm going to digress into politics. 

I know, I know, again! Please stay with me.

One of the things I've noticed since the time of the Karl Rove antics is that the 1% love to make voters form previously nonexistent monitoring groups with their laws. 

A few years back they did it to the farmers in Ohio and got the majority to vote it in (using all sorts of shady manipulations).  It wasn't necessary and it wasn't in the general farmers best interest by any means.

Now the same thing is here again in my face and it's called issue 51 on our upcoming levy.  It's being lumped in with issue 50 which is questionable on it's own.

There is no need for taxpayers to pay for it (either one but I'm talking about 51 today).  It could conceivably override school board decisions (in the future that might not be such a good thing) and well,  the DOE and FBI already do a fine job of internally monitoring the school situation (the FBI only when things go wrong which they certainly have).

Why do we need another set of middlemen?  Or should I say set of Internal Auditors. We don't.

Yet,  this is a strategic tactic being used constantly by the 1%.  Invent a new group and give it power.  Make sure they are people who been "appointed" to be in the position. 

Sort of looks like a familiar business tactic I've seen.  You may know the one where things seem to be running along smoothly and suddenly the company hires this new guy (or woman) and they are polished, slick but strangely don't have the background in the industry that one might expect them to have. And you didn't realize that there was such a need for a new position in the first place.

At first nothing much happens.  Not too many folks ask,  what's going on.  Certainly no one asks the new slickster why they are suddenly working for the company.  That would be rude.  Shouldn't it be obvious.

Then the firings or layoffs start and the reapplying for your job.  That's when the normal folks around the office start to "get it".  A hatchet man (or woman).  That's what the slickster is.  Who knew?

That's what the internal auditors are also. 

Let's not kid ourselves,  although the 1% doesn't see it this way their greed is a bottomless pit and they aren't going to stop until they've exhausted every possibility of making more money and making the laws to facilitate making more money.  I know, astonishing,  I think so too.

Really I'd rather be sitting with some tea and a Jane Austen book yet I'm writing about this sort of corruption. A lot. My husband would rather I be doing housework and sometimes I do but the whole time I'm thinking about what the heck is going on in the world.  Was it always like this?  I have to say I think not but it's like this now.

To me it's like there is a parasite or a plague of parasites in this country and they are coming after every last thing they can get.  Right now their focus is on education but what's next paying to go to a formerly public park?  It could happen.

Parasites don't realize that eventually they kill their host.  They just don't get that fact and the 1% is no different.  No different at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment