Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our new school

My town has a unique school for children with dyslexia.  Since dyslexia often comes in a combo-pack with other things like: ADD, ADHD, OCD, aspbergers etc. this school has to be prepared for a lot.

Mostly due to my mother's insistence (thanks Nana) my daughter has now been in her new school for over a week.  It's going well.  It's hugely expensive (I may have said that before now but here is a reminder).

We went to our first kid-birthday party from someone in her new class and my mouth about dropped to the floor when I heard the schools some of these children had been pulled out of.  Only "the best" and most expensive schools in my city.  Suprisingly those schools dont tolerate, or want, or like, children with learning differences very much.  Who knew?

At this point my daughter has to pick this up as quickly as possible.  I'm hoping the school gives her what she need so we can move back into the setting we are used to. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment