Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

Caution: nervous mother driving

I had a great talk earlier today with someone in a key position in a better known, well thought of school district.  She has been influential within her school district but for her family personally her child has not been given the keys to succeed as a dyslexic child despite: tutoring, special help from school tutors and a well written IEP and don't forget being in a "better" district.

She told me something that caused me to have to pick myself up off the floor:

When settling with a public school district in a due process hearing it is standard practice for the district to require the family to sign a gag order.

I guess in the school districts minds that could be called damage control.

Yet,  here,  even in my rather know it all state, I did not know that.

Although there is more to say I cant seem to get over this information so that is all I'm sharing today.  That, and I need some good energy because the new discussion group I'm starting with another mother in our Catholic school meets for the first time tomorrow and I'm nervous about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment